I can't sign up with my phone number
It's currently only possible to create a Lex account with a phone number. If you're encountering issues creating your account, it could be for a number of reasons.
Not receiving a verification code
If you’re not receiving a verification code, don’t worry! Here’s how you can troubleshoot:
- Sometimes there are delays in delivery, so It’s best to wait for a few hours before trying again. If you try too many times in a row, it will stop sending codes temporarily.
- Make sure you’ve got a strong signal and an internet connection or cellular data enabled.
- You can also try checking if you’re able to receive SMS messages. It’s possible you may need to contact your service provider to make sure everything’s working properly.
- Restart your device (seriously! sometimes it resolves SMS issues)
Seeing error messages or getting stuck
If you’re trying to sign up for Lex and you’re seeing error messages or getting stuck in any way, the best thing to do is make a bug report via the Lex app or send us an email to let us know what you’re experiencing. The more detail you can share with us, the better!
If you want to get in touch with us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your phone number
- What type of device you’re using
- screenshot(s) of any error messages you’re seeing